Christian Anxiety Self Help Books

 Hello, everyone. I am the author of 17 books about solving emotional issues and improving relationships. My books are good and of course I recommend them. But I just want to remind you of the greatest self help book ever written - the Bible.

Sometimes when I'm parked, sitting in my car waiting for someone to arrive or I'm early for an appointment, I get out one of my Bibles. I just open it up to any page of the gospels or the epistles and read what Christ, Paul, Peter, James or John had to say.  I only have to read a verse or two before I find something meaningful and helpful.

Sometimes I turn to the Psalms (I love the Psalms more and more with each passing day), or Proverbs.

Another thing - have you remembered to include prayer in your self improvement program?  Did you know that Jesus prayed all the time. Sometimes he prayed all night.
 
"Need someone to pray for thee?
Just send your prayer request to me.

I'll send a Bible verse too.
One especially chosen for you." 


There are just so many good things about prayer. For one thing, you are acknowledging God. For another, you are admitting that you need help.

When you send my your prayer, I do pray for you. Right away. I also have a little spiral notebook that I carry with me. As soon as I answer your email, I write down what you want me to pray for in the notebook. That way, I can take it out and pray again for you later or the next day.

I only ask two favors.

1. That you remind after a few days if you need more prayer. Or if things change, to let me know.

2. I know this is selfish, but it really does make me happy when someone takes time to send me a brief thank you email  






"I need someone to pray for me."


Hello, this is Pastor Roland. Would you like me to say a prayer for you? Send me an email using the contact form.
Tell me your first name and what you would like me to pray for.

First name only or nickname please.

But give me enough detail so I know what I am to pray for. More details makes it easier for me to pray for you.



Prayer requests only  - no requests for counseling here please.  You must be 18.

If you or someone you know is in crisis or in danger, get help immediately where you are. If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or others, it is important that you seek professional help immediately where you are. You are not alone - people are standing by, ready to listen. If you are located in the US, call 1-800-273-8255 or 911 and ask for help. If you are outside the US, go to  www.befrienders.org to find the support hotline in your country and area.  You are not alone. People are standing by to help you.  (read advisory).

If you want me to pray for someone else, be sure to tell me their first name. It is easier for me to pray for someone when I know their first name. No last names please.

Your friend,
Pastor Roland    



I love the words of this old hymn.
 
O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.

 
Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

 
Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting Thou art God,
To endless years the same.

 
A thousand ages in Thy sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.


Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.

                         My favorite stanzas from Isaac Watts




 
"The shortest distance between your problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor."   

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."   James 5:16



Overheard -- "Well, we've tried everything. The only thing left to do is pray."



"Hello, this is Pastor Roland.

Tell me your first name (first name only please) and what you would like me to pray for. Tell me enough so I know just what to pray for.  I do need to know a first name and the situation you want me to pray for. If you want me to pray for someone else, tell me their first name.

Don't forget to check out my prayer meditation. It may help you get out of worries and live prayerfully.

In a hurry? I also have a free 5 minute meditation for stress

God bless.
 




Please note--I read every email and I pray for each person who makes a prayer request. Sometimes I cannot always acknowledge your email with an email. But I assure you I will and do pray for you. God bless.


Non Emergency Prayer requests only  - no requests for counseling here please.

You must be 18.

Remember, if you are in crisis or in danger, get help immediately where you are. If you are having an emergency or having thoughts of hurting yourself or others, you must get help immediately where you are   (read advisory) 

First name only please, but give me enough details about what you want me to pray for.









Powered byEMF Online HTML Form

Popular Posts