O Mio Babbino Caro Sung by Maria Callas - Pastor Roland's Favorite











This is my all time favorite performance of any opera song.   A young Maria Callas sings the song
and acts so superbly - without equal.

Thank you Puccini, Maria Callas, and Youtube.





 
O mio babbino caro,
Mi piace, afa bello bello,
Vo'andare in Porta Rossa
A comperar l'anello!
Si, si, ci voglio andare!
E se l'amassi indarno,
Andrei sul Ponte Vecchio
Ma per buttarmi in Arno!
Mi struggo e mi tormento,
O Dio! Vorrei morir!
Babbo, pietafa , pietafa
Babbo, pietafa , pietafa


Oh my dear father,
I like him, he is very handsome.
I want to go to Porta Rossa
to buy the ring!
Yes, yes, I want to go there!
And if my love were in vain,
I would go to Ponte Vecchio
and throw myself in the Arno!
I am pining and I am tormented,
Oh God! I would want to die!
Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!
Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!


Maria Callas was a Greek American soprano, and one of the most renowned and influential opera singers of the 20th century. Many critics praised her bel canto technique, wide-ranging voice and dramatic interpretations. Her repertoire ranged from classical opera seria to the bel canto operas of Donizetti, Bellini and Rossini and further, to the works of Verdi and Puccini; and, in her early career, to the music dramas of Wagner. Her musical and dramatic talents led to her being hailed as La Divina.     source: Wikipedia

Popular Posts