Pastor Roland's Heroes - Cris Carter, Helen Keller, Wyatt Earp

"I think the angels in Heaven cover their eyes and shudder when a parent hits a little child."  
 quote from Pastor Roland's lecture on why he is opposed to hitting children.

From the Desk of Pastor Roland


Hello, everyone! This is Pastor Roland. Keep those prayer requests coming in. Don't forget I will also make a special blessing for you or send you a  Bible verse for your issue. But you have to ask.






People ask me if I have heroes. Indeed I do.

Here are three of my heroes.

Cris Carter, NFL Hall of Fame football player, for his impassioned defense of little children and why we mustn't hit them.  You can watch the video below.

Wyatt Earp, Frontier Marshall. I just finished reading Stuart Lake's biography of Wyatt Earp. He was a man of honor and courage who never shrunk from a fight, but tried to avoid them if he could. He defended the citizens of several towns from  bad guys, and he put his own life on the line.  When you watch an old John Wayne western or watch reruns of Hoppalong Cassidy or the Lone Ranger, you can know that there really and truly was someone who stood for what was right.  His name was Wyatt Earp. The best biography is by Stuart Lake, and though it is hard to find, I was able to rent it to read on an inter-library loan.

Helen Keller.  We all know her story from the movie The Miracle Worker. I am especially fond of Helen Keller's book My Religion.


She is an inspiration to me and, I think, she is a kindred spirit. Helen Keller.

A nice blog post with the most wonderful picture and some of her words is here

Helen Keller's Love of Reading by Helen Selsdon at the American Foundation for the Blind blog.

Thank you so much!



I love what Cris Carter has to say and I appreciate the respect shown him by the other men on the panel.




Thank you Mr. Carter. I am reminded of one of my favorite sayings:

"A man is never so tall as when he stoops to help a child."


Popular Posts