Christmas Grace and a Story

Christmas Grace and a Story
by Roland Trujillo

We remember the designer of this food,
And who it was who made it taste so good.
Who made the ground, the rain, and the sun in the sky
For the food we eat and then sit back and sigh.

We remember who made the wheat for the bread
And the grapes for the wine,
Which gives us life, strength and the gift of time.

Who made us all
Then watched us grow
To have little gratitude to show,
Then go on our way
And forget about our Maker every day.

We erred and drifted and we got so lost 
Soon on the stormy seas of life we were tossed.
We no longer knew just Who
Was our maker and protector.

So what did He do?
He sent people to remind us
Like Moses, Isaiah, and Jeremiah too.

But still we forgot
And remembered Him not.

"I know what I'll do!" Said He.
"I'll do something to improve their memory."

"I'll send my Son to make sure they know
Who is there for them now, then, and long ago."


"I'll make it easy for them to remember Me -
I'll make it fun and memorable as can be,
When I send my Son Who will tell them of Me."

"I'll make His coming a wonderful tale,
The greatest one of all!
In comparison all of the others will pale
When the story of Jesus is recalled."

"That's how everyone will remember
Myself and my Son every December."

"I'm proud of my Son,
He brought me honor and glory.
He never disappointed Me.
Just read the story.

Because He proved His worth
I put Him in charge of earth.
If you're confused, discouraged or lost,
Follow Him, He's a good boss.

I know you've messed up and done wrong,
But my memory is short and not long.
I see my Son not your wrong,
When to His team you belong.

I'll trust my Son to make you right
And fix what hurts you inside.
So listen to Him and what He has to say.
He'll save you from error and show you the way."

So every year when we start to forget,
He says: "I'm not done yet!"
He makes more good food and Christmas delight,
And inspires sweet songs like Silent Night.

He says: "I'll always be there for you.
I was there then long ago, and I'm here now too."

Popular Posts