Preachers of LA - Some Thoughts from Talk to a Pastor Online

Hello, this is Pastor Roland. I watched some of the third episode of Preachers of LA, called Tea and Sympathy.

I have my thoughts about the value of this program. But I am going to withhold judgment a bit longer. I will say that for various reasons, I basically have positive thoughts about this show. I know that will surprise many of you, but so far, I'm giving it a tentative thumbs up.

But like I said, I will watch some more and think and pray about it. Right now I'm leaning toward seeing it as a positive thing.

Here are a couple of thoughts about the third episode.

You have to look beyond the hype and see the real human beings.
These people are real - real love, real suffering.  Many programs on television over the years have presented stereotyped and shallow versions of real people and real pastors. I like the reality of this show.

It is gripping and engaging. I haven't seen where it is too agenda driven. Basically you see different scenes and you draw your own conclusions. 

Of course they are going to pick some more hip types with street cred, or some more flamboyant types. I don't blame them.

There are quite a few commentaries on the program from conservative pastors, and so a person can watch the program, read the commentaries and then draw his or her own conclusion.

I will pray that success does not spoil these stars. I will pray that good will come of this program. 



 

 

Popular Posts