After Life Near Heaven Experiences - Hard to Believe says John MacArthur and I Agree, Says Online Pastor Roland

This afternoon, I am sitting in my office relaxing. It's a beautiful day outside, with blue sky and some big puffy clouds. I'm online in case someone needs to talk to me, but otherwise I'm taking a little break between errands.

So, I decided to check out Janet Mefferd's site. In my opinion, Janet Mefferd has the best Christian radio interview show.

Janet is informed and she loves old fashioned solid Christianity. She has great interviews on wonderful subjects with Christian authors and experts.  Moreover, she is also a good interviewer and sets the standard for class when it comes to conducting radio interviews.

Anyway, I wanted to see if she has any recent interesting interviewsI can listen to as I sit here. And sure enough, there were many.

Today's interview with was with Phil Johnson, Executive Director of Grace to You. I listened to the interview. Janet Mefferd's interview is of  Phil Johnson from Grace discussing Christian claims of experiences in heaven.

He is sceptical. Janet is sceptical. And frankly, I am sceptical too. I don't buy these types of books.

I also found an interview of John MacArthur by Mr. Johnson. John MacArthur has a series called Hard to Believe with a book associated with it. I'm going to listen to some of the series.

Christians tend to be a little naive when it comes to such things. We do need to be discerning. I'm not saying that it is wrong to read any new book that comes along. All I am saying is check with your intuition and common sense. Stick with the Bible. Don't let these things become a distraction.

I tend to my work and life first. Reading tempting books about other people's experiences is way down the priority list for me. It is down there with watching other people play sports (I prefer exercise myself or play golf myself than watch men running around on a field playing with balls).

First comes my God given work, home, people around me, looking at where I can improve in the spiritual walk, remembering to be grateful, and looking at how I can set a good example by eating right and spending right. 

I prefer not to fill up my mind with junk entertainment, junk science or junk religion either.  

Popular Posts