Does God Answer All Prayers?

Does God answer all prayers?

Roland:

I love what Ruth Bell Graham (wife of Billy Graham) said when they asked her if God always answers prayers. She said:

“God has not always answered my prayers.  If he had, I would have married the wrong man –several times!” 


Jesus once told an interesting story. Remember where he talked about the woman who kept bothering the judge about something. She kept asking and asking and finally he did what she asked because of her persistence.

Bear in mind that giving up, throwing in the towel, and losing faith are usually a response to temptation. Don't give in to the negative doubt thoughts. They are not your thoughts, they are from the invisible tempter who is always crouching on your doorstep trying to interfere between you and God. Just watch the thoughts. Don't believe them or disbelieve them. Just observe them. Let them pass, and persist in your prayers. Just quietly say or think "If it be Thy will, O Lord" and keep asking.

More questions and answers

Note: both the questions and the answers have been shortened. For the longer answer, check out our resources center.

Q. What is faith?

A. Faith is knowing what you know wordlessly and trusting in that knowing.  I just know that 2 plus 2 equals 4. I can see it and no one has to teach me. My trust in what I know about 2 plus 2 is unshakable. If I see someone being cruel to a child, I know it is wrong. I see that it is wrong.

Believing what you  know in your heart, wordlessly, is true belief. Trusting in that belief and living in accord with it is faith.

Read my chapters on Albert Einstein and faith, and Augustine and conscience in my book A Weekend with Einstein and Augustine

Q. Who is God?

A. God is our Heavenly Father, the Creator of all

Q. Is there a Heaven?

A. Yes.

Q. Is there a hell.

A. Yes.

Q. Is there reincarnation?

A. No, there is not. We get one chance.

Q. Is it okay to mess around with tarot cards and such things?

A. No.

Q. What is Christianity.

A. I like what Gandhi said. He said that Christianity sounds good, but he never met a real Christian.

Q. What is the cause of teenage rebellion and drug use.

A. Fathers who are not emotionally there for their family, and  parents without understanding.

Q. Do I have to go to church?

A. I am a believer not a belonger.

Q. Should parents spank their kids?

A. No. It is unnecessary. Spanking is child abuse. Time outs can be cruel too. Why not be there with understanding and set a good example instead. I wrote a book called Santa's Take on Parenting

Q. Is Jesus God?

A. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Jesus never claimed to be God.

Q. Why do so many people have food issues?

A. Their father was not there for them. I wrote a book on the subject called Forbidden Food: the legacy of paradise lost and the promise of redemption 





   




Popular Posts