Pastor Admires People Who Overcame Adversity - Temple Grandin

Hi, I'm Pastor Roland. I know lots of people who overcame adversity. And so do you. They are inspiring. But most of them don't write books. So you know them, but other don't.

I have always been a big fan of people who overcame adversity, childhood or adult. I am also a fan of the literature of such people. I also am very fond of people who survived extreme situations, like being in a political prison in the former Soviet Union, or someone like Vice Admiral James Stockdale who survived 6 years in the Hanoi Hilton. Or Christian mystic Madame Jeanne Guyon or Watchman Nee who were imprisoned for their beliefs.

I co-authored a book with Michale Carlos Simon, who overcame depression, obesity, bipolar and anxiety, and went on to a productive life. It's called Mike's Story and is available at Amazon.com

Now I wish to share with you another wonderful inspiring person to learn about and benefit from: Dr. Temple Grandin who overcame a diagnosis of autism. Read her (find it at the public library) and if you can, buy a copy or two. Keep one for yourself and give one away!

Here is a link to her website.

Before I sign off, may I also recommend Helen Keller. Most older people know who she was, but younger folks may not. Or if you know who she is, may I recommend you read her inspiring story told in her own words. Oh, incidentally she was both blind and deaf. She became an international ambassador of good will. Her autobiography is available at Amazon or from the Swedenborg Foundation. She also wrote a wonderful book entitled My Religion. I have a copy on my shelf.

Popular Posts