I Need to Talk to Someone - Thank Goodness Someone Cares - a New Poem By Miguel Carlos Simon

I need to Talk to Someone


Why is the world such a mess?
I can't even guess.

Thank goodness someone is there.

My mom says I'm lazy,
My husband drives me crazy,
My meds make me hazy.

Thank goodness someone is there.

My girlfriend left me and my dog just died,
When they said "no lay offs" I found out they lied.

Thank goodness someone is there.

My rotten boyfriend cheated on me,
I'm so upset I can't find my key.
Oh woe is me!
I owe the library a 12 dollar fee.

I think I've got a mood disorder
Or is it just that my life is out of order?
I lost my cat, my meds made me fat.
Did I mention that I lost my key?


Thank goodness someone is there.

I started to gamble to try my luck,
I lost all my money down to my last buck.
Can you lend me a dollar to buy gas for my truck?
Thank goodness someone is there

I've got an ache in my molar,
And I'm feeling bipolar.
Do you think I should go solar,
Before I get my heater repaired?

I yelled at my kids and I got no excuse,
'Xcept I think I got the holiday blues,
After reading the latest unemployment news,
Plus I got rain in my shoes.

I know God is there,
He's up there somewhere.
But it's still nice to know,
That here down below,
There's someone like Roland who says
"I care."

The above poem was written by Michale Carlos Simon.
copyright 2011 by Michael Carlos Simon

.

Popular Posts