Relief from Stress Through Peace with God












I am the Almighty God; walk before me,
and be thou perfect.
GENESIS 17, verse 1.
Consecrate yourselves to-day to the Lord.
EXODUS 32, verse 29.


Take my life, and let it be

Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.

Take my moments and my days;

Let them flow in ceaseless praise.


F. R. HAVERGAL.


I have noticed that wherever there has
been a faithful following
of the Lord
in a consecrated soul,
several things have
inevitably followed,
sooner or later.

Meekness and quietness of spirit become

in time the characteristics of the daily life.

A submissive acceptance of the will of
God as it comes in
the hourly events
of each day; pliability in the hands of God
to do or to suffer all the good pleasure
of His will;
sweetness under provocation;

calmness in the midst of turmoil and bustle;

yieldingness to the wishes of others,
and
an insensibility to slights and affronts;
absence
of worry or anxiety;
deliverance from care and fear;
--all these, and many similar graces,
are invariably
found to be the natural outward development
of
that inward life which is hid with Christ in God.

H. W. SMITH.


Popular Posts