Roland Trujillo, Host of Talk to a Pastor, Begins His 22nd year on the Radio

New! Dr. Trujillo is now offering free chat with a pastor to Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.

For years, audiences have thrilled to hear Roland on the air. Now his radio programs are available to listen to free online.

Pastor Roland talks about real problems and solutions to the issues that real people are dealing with such stress, depression, anxiety, relationship problems, doubts, worry, and substance abuse. Pastor Roland uses the expression "common sense Christianity." "I did not coin the phrase, but it certainly applies to what I do," he says.

"I don't mind giving a pastor's perspective when it comes to questions about tattoos, living together, drugs and a host of real life issues people are dealing with."

Roland is now on the air Sunday mornings on KCAA Radio 1050 AM in Riverside/San Bernardino and the Inland Empire.

He has been on the air for over 23 years on:

•KEST 1450 AM Radio in San Francisco,
•KWWN FM in Sacramento,
•KOBO 1450 AM Yuba City/Marysville,
•KCAA Radio 1050 AM Riverside/San Bernardino
•WYYC Harrisburg/York Pennsylvania,
•WFAM Augusta Georgia, KWDF Alexandria Louisiana, and
•WNVY Pensacola Florida on the Wilkins Christian Radio Network, and
•KDIA, 1640 AM the Light for San Francisco
Also shortwave to Europe, the Middle East and Africa via WWRB

Where to Listen
"My weekly "Talk to a Pastor Radio Program" is free to listen to. You will hear strategies to cope with your issues, and you'll discover positive solutions for the real causes of your anxieties, upsets, unhappiness, family and relationship problems."

Listen live Sunday morning from 7:30 to 8:00 AM, Pacific Coast Time at KCAA Radio's website

Listen 24/7 online at my most recent program page.

•Listen free to two years of archived lectures and sermons

How it all began

Over a 10 year period I was teaching courses at Bay Area universities. "One of my fondest memories is teaching ethics at an aeronautical university. Many of my students were active duty or reserve military. They were great students, and ethics is one of my favorite subjects."

"I became increasingly interested in counseling and spiritual care giving. I can see now that I was already preparing for what would become my capstone profession.

"I gained experience helping people who had experienced trauma when I was with the railroads. Then I studied and worked in the field of human resources development and employee relations. Then I started teaching.

"It's obvious to me now that I was moving toward being a pastor, one step at a time.

"One day I just walked into the studios of KEST Radio in San Francisco and bought some air time." I did the program live from the studio. The response was great and those were exciting times.

"I'm still on the air today with my counseling and spiritual care radio program some 21 years later. Along the way, I've written some books, developed a stress reduction meditation, and helped a lot of people."

Roland has been on the air with an advice program every since. He's done his programs live from the studios; he's done them live via phone connection; and now he prepares his programs in Redding and his program is upload to the KCAA Studios in San Bernardino. He can now be heard now on KCAA Radio in San Bernardino and Riverside, CA.

Roland went back to school again to earn a Doctorate in pastoral psychology. "I love it because it combines all the things I'm interested in. In order to formalize and fulfill his life's work, Roland became an ordained minister."

"Now I'm a pastor and help people via my radio program and my blogs. I just earned my Doctorate in Pastoral Psychology last year and though I'm getting older, I'm starting my third career! It took me 35 years to gain the experience, the knowledge, the training, the education and, above all, the understanding and wisdom that I need.

Here I am, and couldn't be happier. I'm not letting the grass grow under my feet: I'm still learning."

Asked why he enjoys counseling and pastoral care giving so much, he said: "The Lord has blessed me with a wealth of experience. Over the years I've been a grocery bagger in a store, a laborer, a security guard, a claims adjuster, a bus driver, a college teacher and a radio host. When I used to investigate accidents for the railroads I travelled all over and met people from every walk of life. And as a college teacher in San Francisco for many years, I literally had students from every corner of the globe. So I relate to just about everyone.

Not only that, I've had my share of ups and downs. But I've always rebounded. I understand that we all have issues. Now that I'm older, I think I may have a little wisdom I can share with others about rebounding from issues. That's all."

In his books and radio program, Roland dispenses old fashioned advice but he brings it up to date by addressing issues like single parenting, stress, depression, hard times and PTSD. One thing is sure, Roland asks parents, grandparents, husbands and wives, neighbors, workers, and managers to be patient with each other.

Popular Posts